We agree with the Canadian Dental Association that the best way to see your dentist less often is through regular care of your smile. In addition to twice-a-day brushing and daily flossing, we recommend our patients visit Lakewood Dental Centre every six months for Winnipeg, MB dental cleanings and exams.
We’re certain our patients do their best to get in their twice-a-day teeth brushings and daily flossing, but it can be easy to miss a session and just as easy to miss spots when we do remember. Cleanings are especially important for children, who may still be developing good oral hygiene habits.
Our dental hygienists can help keep those misses from damaging your smile. They can:
- Get into the nooks and crannies of your mouth that are easy to miss at home.
- Remove the tartar, or hardened plaque, that brushing and flossing alone won’t eliminate. Left on your teeth, tartar can cause stains or lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Leave you with that great fresh-mouth feeling.
Our office has been providing routine dental cleanings and exams for more than 40 years. Call today at 204-977-8515 to set up your next professional dental cleaning.
Fluoride Treatment & Varnish Can Fight Decay For Many Ages
Following your teeth cleaning, we may recommend fluoride treatment and varnish. While this treatment is commonly offered to children to strengthen their teeth against cavities, adults can benefit too. According to the CDA, fluoride can:
- Make your teeth less sensitive to hot or cold foods and beverages
- Stop the development of a new cavity
- Help keep your teeth as healthy and strong as possible
With busy schedules, it can be difficult to make time even for important routine care like teeth cleanings. The extended hours at our dental office make it easier. We’re open as early as 7 a.m. and until 6 p.m., so you can see us when it’s most convenient for you.
Make dental cleanings in Winnipeg, MB a routine part of your dental care for the health and beauty of your smile. Call Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 to schedule your appointment today. You can also make an appointment .