While soreness or sensitivity can be a sign that there’s something going on with your dental health, sometimes there are no noticeable symptoms. Through regular dental exams in Winnipeg, MB, Dr. Rose K. Dhillon or Dr. Doug McDermid can develop a better understanding of your oral health through a tailored individual assessment. They can discover and promptly treat problems like gum disease.
Our thorough exams include:
- Fast, detailed digital X-rays
- An oral cancer screening using OralID technology
- A visual check of your teeth
- A screening for gum disease
- Development of an individual treatment plan to resolve your dental issues
Call Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 to schedule your next exam.
Preserve Your Teeth With Gum Disease Treatment
Gum disease is an infection that can cause bleeding and, without treatment, can lead to tooth loss. With good care and regular dental cleanings, gum disease can be prevented. If you already have gum disease or are developing it, your trusted dentists can treat it for you.
We can provide effective gum disease treatment to help protect your gums, the bone beneath them, and your overall oral health. We offer two nonsurgical gum disease treatments:
- Scaling and Root Planing – This deep cleaning allows your dentist to clear out the pockets of infection beneath your gums and around the roots of your teeth. They’ll also leave your roots nice and smooth to discourage bacteria growth and promote gum reattachment.
- Perio Protect® – This antibiotic uses trays to deliver bacteria-fighting medication beneath your gums to places you can’t reach with your toothbrush or floss. Dr. Dhillon or Dr. McDermid will tailor a treatment plan to your needs.
Maintain a Healthy Smile by Addressing Dental Problems
Your exams are a great time to discuss your home oral hygiene, diet, and other factors that affect your dental health. Our dentists are happy to answer any questions you have. They may suggest dietary changes or recommend products that can address problems like dry mouth or halitosis (bad breath).
To schedule Winnipeg, MB dental exams for you and your family, call 204-977-8515. You can also make an appointment .