Keep Your Teeth & Gums Healthy. Call Today To Schedule Your Appointment!(204) 977-8515
Detect Problems Early With Dental Exams in Winnipeg, MB
While soreness or sensitivity can be a sign that there’s something going on with your dental health, sometimes there are no noticeable symptoms. Through regular dental exams, Dr. Dhillon, Dr. McDermid, or Dr. Diamond at Lakewood Dental Centre can develop a better understanding of your oral health through a tailored individual assessment. They can discover and promptly treat problems like gum disease.
Our thorough exams include:
- Digital X-rays
- Oral cancer screening using OralID technology
- Visual check of your teeth
- Screening for gum disease
- Development of an individual treatment plan for your dental issues
Call Lakewood Dental Centre of Winnipeg, MB at (204) 977-8515 to schedule your next exam.
We Offer Two Treatments for Gum Disease
Gum disease is an infection that can cause bleeding and, without treatment, can lead to tooth loss. With good care and regular dental cleanings, gum disease can be prevented. If you already have gum disease or are developing it, our trusted Winnipeg, MB dentists can treat it for you.
General dentist Dr. Rose K. Dhillon can provide effective gum disease treatment to help protect your gums, the bone beneath them, and your overall oral health. We offer two nonsurgical gum disease treatments:
- Perio Protect® uses trays to deliver bacteria-fighting medication beneath your gums to places you can’t reach with your toothbrush or floss. Dr. Dhillon or one of our other general dentists, Dr. McDermid or Dr. Diamond, will tailor a treatment plan to your needs.
- Scaling and root planing is a process in which your dentist will clear out the pockets of infection beneath your gums and around the roots of your teeth. They’ll also leave your roots nice and smooth to discourage bacteria growth and promote gum reattachment.
Address Dental Problems During Exams
Your exams are a great time to discuss your home oral hygiene, diet, and other factors that affect your dental health. Our dentists are happy to answer any questions you have. They may suggest dietary changes or recommend products that can address problems like dry mouth or halitosis (bad breath).
To schedule dental exams for you and your family, call (204) 977-8515.