General dentists Dr. Doug McDermid and Dr. Rose Dhillon at our Winnipeg, MB dental office can replace missing teeth with dental implants, preserve the jawbone structure, and improve your smile. They can even provide dental implants in a single day for qualified patients, using the All-on-4® technique.
Schedule your consultation today by calling Lakewood Dental Centre at (204) 977-8515. We work with your schedule by opening early and staying late.
Dental Implants Offer Security, Durability, & More
Many people find that dental implants look, feel, and function more like their natural teeth than other tooth replacements such as traditional dentures. Their benefits include:
- Security. Because they are embedded right the jaw, dental implants are meant to stay in place.
- No modification of healthy teeth. Dental implants attached to dental crowns or bridges may not require modification of surrounding healthy teeth.
- Continued oral health. Dental implants stimulate the jaw much as real tooth roots do. This can help maintain bone density.
- Durability. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Low maintenance. Regular, careful brushing and flossing are generally all that’s needed to care for implants, as well as regular checkups at our office.
- Versatile. Dental implants can replace a single missing tooth or a mouthful of missing teeth. We can attach dental crowns, dental bridges, and dentures on implants to replace teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
The structure of a dental implant is similar to that of your natural tooth. The below-the-gum part that acts like a tooth’s root is made of titanium. The body generally accepts titanium, so it’s able to bond with the jaw for a firm hold. The above-the-gum part of a dental implant is covered with a replacement tooth to complete your smile and make biting easier.
Dr. McDermid and Dr. Dhillon partner with a specialist who uses 3-D imaging to place dental implants. Then, Dr. McDermid or Dr. Dhillon will complete the process by restoring the dental implant with a replacement tooth.
Same-Day All-On-4® Dental Implants
The traditional dental implant process requires a dental implant for each replacement tooth. Time must be allowed for healing between placing the dental implant and restoring it. But what if you want new teeth right away?
With the new All-on-4® technique, an entire arch of replacement teeth can be supported by as few as four dental implants. This allows Dr. McDermid and our specialist partner to place and restore on the same day using only local anaesthetic. If you are a candidate for this procedure, you may be able to come into the office with an incomplete smile and leave with a mouth full of new teeth.
Find out if you’re a good candidate for dental implants by calling (204) 977-8515 or using our online form to schedule a consultation with Lakewood Dental Centre. Your jawbone needs to be robust enough to support dental implants. Our dentist will examine your jawbone and talk to you further about your dental implant options or alternatives.