Dental EmergenciesDental Emergencies at Lakewood Dental Centre Read Transcript
Our focus and our objective is to get at anybody with a big problem within 24 hours. Same-day service is as much as we can do. There are some individuals, however, who can't make our timeframe, or for whatever reason, can't make that appointment but at the same time, our objective is to get them in within 24 hours. For some patients, we wind up treating them ahead of time by pre-medication by giving some antibiotics in order to control infections. We want to get them into the office as soon as we can so that they're taken care of, get them out of pain, and again, give them some choices in terms of treatment options.
It’s important to get in contact your dentist as quickly as possible during dental emergencies – it can make the difference between a saved tooth and a lost tooth. Dr. McDermid and Dr. Dhillon at Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB want you and your family to know that they are just a call away: (204) 977-8515.
If possible, Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB can get you in for a same-day appointment during a dental emergency for an assessment regarding your condition.
Some common dental emergency scenarios are:
- You’ve had a tooth knocked out
- Your tooth has been fractured, chipped, or cracked
- Your tooth is loose
- You’re having a severe toothache
If you’re uncertain whether what you’re experiencing is dental emergencies, you should call us. One of our helpful team members will guide you through the next steps you should take.
Avoid Dental Emergencies
While dental emergencies can happen quite unexpectedly, there are measures you can take to reduce your risks.
- A severe toothache can often be avoided with regular teeth cleanings and dental exams.
- To prevent chipped teeth, cracked teeth, and fractures, do not use your teeth as a tool for opening anything. You should also avoid chewing on hard things like ice.
- According to the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association, participating in sports without an athletic mouthguard can make your risk of injury 1.5 to 2 times greater. Lakewood Dental Centre can you fit you into a custom athletic mouthguard.
Do you want to learn more about what you should do during dental emergencies? Call Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB at (204) 977-8515 or send us your questions using our easy online form.
Both Dr. Doug McDermid and Dr. Rose Dhillon is a graduate of University of Manitoba Faculty of Dentistry, and they are one of the top-notch and trusted dentists in Winnipeg, MB.