It’s important to get in contact your dentist as quickly as possible during dental emergencies – it can make the difference between a saved tooth and a lost tooth. Dr. McDermid and Dr. Dhillon at Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB want you and your family to know that they are just a call away: (204) 977-8515.
If possible, Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB can get you in for a same-day appointment during a dental emergency for an assessment regarding your condition.
Some common dental emergency scenarios are:
- You’ve had a tooth knocked out
- Your tooth has been fractured, chipped, or cracked
- Your tooth is loose
- You’re having a severe toothache
If you’re uncertain whether what you’re experiencing is dental emergencies, you should call us. One of our helpful team members will guide you through the next steps you should take.
Avoid Dental Emergencies
While dental emergencies can happen quite unexpectedly, there are measures you can take to reduce your risks.
- A severe toothache can often be avoided with regular teeth cleanings and dental exams.
- To prevent chipped teeth, cracked teeth, and fractures, do not use your teeth as a tool for opening anything. You should also avoid chewing on hard things like ice.
- According to the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association, participating in sports without an athletic mouthguard can make your risk of injury 1.5 to 2 times greater. Lakewood Dental Centre can you fit you for a custom athletic mouthguard.