Lakewood Dental Centre opened its doors four decades ago. In that time, we’ve provided family dentistry treatments for patients in every phase, from baby teeth to dental implants. Whether this is your first visit or your fiftieth visit, we want to put a smile on your face. Contact Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB to set up appointments for your entire family.
Teeth Cleanings & Exams At Any Age
Teeth cleanings and dental exams are important at every age.
- As your child’s baby teeth come in, we’ll be able to tell you how to best care for them and if braces may be in your child’s future.
- Your child’s first dental visit should happen around their first birthday.
- This is also when we’ll be talking about preventive measures, such as fluoride treatment.
TeensDaniel M. on orthodontics
As your child ages, they might need:
- Braces if their teeth come in crooked
- An athletic mouthguard if they play sports
- Their wisdom teeth removed if they’re causing issues
- Nutritional counseling to make sure they maintain healthy eating habits
- According to the Canadian Dental Association, gum disease is a pressing issue for adult teeth. We can diagnose your gum health issues at your exam and provide prompt treatment.
- The Canadian Dental Association reports that the tartar that can cause gum disease cannot be removed through brushing and flossing alone. A dental hygienist can remove tartar from your teeth during your biannual teeth cleaning.
- Your exam is also when we can identify any cavities that should be treated with a tooth-coloured filling or a dental crown.
- If you have replacement teeth such as dental implants, a dental bridge, or dentures, your regular exams can give us an opportunity to check up on them and the ongoing health of your remaining natural teeth.
- Exams also give you a chance to discuss any issues you’re experiencing, so your dentist can recommend treatment for oral health issues.
Save time. Book your entire family’s dental visits at the same dental office. Call Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB for family dentistry services at (204) 977-8515 or use our online form to schedule your appointments today! We have early and late hours to accommodate your family’s busy schedule.