A lot of patients that need to replace teeth assume that their options are limited and that no matter what they choose, they’ll be disappointed by the results. But if you want to learn about some of the reasons dental implants could leave you smiling wide and proud, call Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 to book a personalized consultation with us.
At our Winnipeg, MB dentist office, we understand that every patient has unique smile damage and also has personal goals and lifestyle factors that steer their decision-making when it comes to dental care options. To accommodate your specific case and aspirations for your smile, we offer a large variety of restorative dentistry options for your consideration. With our help, you may even be able to:
- Chew your food without experiencing any of the pain or discomfort that you have been feeling
- Get a little boost to your self-esteem each time you catch a glimpse of your repaired, full smile in the mirror
- More thoroughly digest your food since you’ll be able to chew it better with a full set of teeth
- Go from camera shy to the star of the show when it’s time to say “cheese” for a group portrait
- Eat a more-balanced diet since you’ll no longer have trouble eating healthy but difficult-to-chew foods like raw vegetables
For your convenience, we accept a variety of payment options and would be happy to discuss your options with you and answer any financial questions you have.
And because we understand how frustrating it can be when your work schedule overlaps completely with that of many dental offices, we offer some flexible appointment times that some dental professionals do not. We close early on Fridays, but otherwise go above-and-beyond, offering the nine-to-five hours you’d expect and a lot more. Our Winnipeg, MB office is open:
- Early at 8:00 a.m. on Mondays
- Extra early at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- Late until 6:00 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays
Learn Your Dental Implants Options & Some Of Their Benefits
As far as tooth replacement options go, dental implants are a really great one for a lot of different reasons. For one thing, they provide a very sturdy foundation for replacement teeth because they literally fuse to your jawbone through a process called “osseointegration.” This means that they won’t come loose and will behave much like your natural teeth.
In contrast, traditional dentures that use suction and adhesive to stay in place – while also a very good option for some patients – place the chewing force on your gumline instead of your jawbone.
The effect that your jawbone gets from this is also a very good thing. By filling the spaces left by your tooth roots and stimulating your jaw, implants actually help to prevent jawbone deterioration. This keeps your jaw healthier and also helps in cosmetic ways because it prevents you from getting a “sunken in” look that often occurs when patients lose teeth.
Another big factor that pushes patients toward choosing implants when they’re on the fence is that they can help you regain up to 90 percent of the chewing power that your natural chompers provided. Just because your dental situation changes as you get older doesn’t necessarily mean that your tastes in food will so it can be very encouraging to know that you won’t have to change your diet with your replacement teeth.
Some patients also love that implants are extremely convincing in the way they feel, function, and look in your mouth. It would be very difficult for someone to notice that your teeth are not your real teeth once you replace them with implants options. And because they’ll work so similarly to your natural teeth, you may even forget yourself sometimes!
Dental implant tooth replacements are also convenient for patients in that they do not require any special care. You’ll be able to maintain the same optimum oral hygiene habits that you do with natural teeth. All you’ll have to do is:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes at a time, twice a day
- Floss between your teeth at least once a day
- Maintain your routine dental cleanings and exams every six months to get some professional assistance and confirmation that you don’t have any dental troubles
And finally, our patients often comment on how great it is that their implants will last for a very long time or even the rest of their lives if they take care of them properly. You won’t have to visit us and completely replace the treatment after a decade or so in the way that you might have to with other options.
As mentioned above, we have a large variety of options for our patients to consider if they want to get some kind of implant tooth replacements. We’ll review your particular case with you and make recommendations based on your current situation and the goals you have in mind.
We’ll go more in-depth about treatment options when you visit us for your consultation, but here’s a list of the implant restorations we provide and a little basic information on each of them:
- Dental crowns – these can be used to replace one or multiple individual teeth
- Dental bridges – these span the gap left by multiple, adjacent missing teeth in your smile
- Dentures – if you need to replace a full arch of teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both, these could be great for you
- All-on-4® Dental Implants – for those that want a full arch of teeth and fast, we may be able to place your implants and attach this restoration in a single visit
No matter the treatment you visit us for, we will do all we can to make your experience as pleasant as possible.
To learn more about dental implants and find out if they’re right for you, call Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 today. You can also schedule online or visit our office in person when we’re open.