If you have a toothache, contact Lakewood Dental Centre to find out if you could benefit from a tooth extraction. With the help of our team, our general dentists Dr. Doug McDermid and Dr. Rose Dhillon, will do all we can to relieve your pain and improve your oral health at our Winnipeg, MB dentist office.
By visiting us to get a problem tooth removed, you can:
- Get relief from pain
- Prevent the problem from affecting your surrounding teeth or overall oral health
- Potentially save time and money in the long run by fixing the problem before it gets worse
Learn The Common Issues That Lead To Tooth Extractions
We will do everything we can to save a damaged tooth before considering an extraction. But in some cases, the best thing to do for your oral and overall health is to remove an infected or severely damaged tooth. Here are some of the most common issues that we address by removing a tooth or teeth:
- An infected tooth that cannot be fixed using a root canal
- A damaged tooth that cannot be repaired with a dental crown
- A tooth that is causing you pain but has become too weakened by repeated dental treatments to be restored
- Wisdom teeth that are coming in improperly, threatening the health of surrounding teeth
- Misaligned teeth that are preventing you from getting an orthodontic treatment you need
- A tooth that has suffered trauma due to an injury or accident
- To make room for dentures when only a few healthy teeth remain
- Gum disease that has started to infect your teeth as well
Our general dentists will thoroughly assess your situation and weigh all your options with you before we perform an extraction. So you can make an informed decision, we will answer any questions you have. We’ll also explain the tooth removal process before we begin so you’ll know what to expect.
Before we remove your painful tooth, we can provide an anesthetic. Then, we will use specialized instruments to remove the tooth. Once your procedure is complete, we will discuss how to care for your mouth following the extraction and provide care tips for during the healing process, such as:
- Avoiding chewing in that area of your mouth
- Eating softer foods during the healing process
- Attempting to prevent dry socket by not drinking from a straw or smoking
- Taking an over-the-counter pain medication
- Avoiding alcohol and hot drinks
After you are fully healed, our general dentists can also help you restore your tooth with a variety of tooth replacement options, including dental implants. Even if we remove a tooth near the back of your mouth that is not visible while you are smiling, it’s important to replace the tooth as soon as possible so you can:
- Avoid putting undue stress on your remaining teeth
- Improve your digestion and overall health
- Prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of place
- Get your smile back
We will go over your restorative dentistry options with you so you can make better decisions for your smile.
Experience Comfort Options And Dental Sedation
At Lakewood Dental Centre, we will listen to any concerns you have and do all we can to put you at ease. We even offer a few different comfort options, including:
- TVs in every care room to entertain and distract you while we work
- Warm, soft blankets
- Refreshing water
We can also provide the following dental sedation options:
- Oral conscious sedation in pill form that you take at a predetermined time prior to your appointment
- Nitrous oxide dental sedation, more commonly referred to as “laughing gas”
We can also provide private care rooms and longer appointments by request. To fit your busy schedule, we offer morning and evening appointments. We also accept an array of payment options for your convenience.
If there’s anything we can do to improve your visit, just let one of our team members know. We look forward to helping you get out of dental pain and regain your oral function!
Don’t put up with dental pain – for a tooth extraction, call the team at Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 today! You can also stop by our Winnipeg, MB dentist office in person or use our online form to schedule or ask questions.