If you have damaged or completely lost a tooth or multiple teeth, you are probably wishing you could turn back time. Stop dreaming of your former smile and take the first steps to getting it back by calling Lakewood Dental Centre at (204) 977-8515 to schedule a consultation for dental implants.
Our Winnipeg, MB dentist office has been serving patients of all ages with a variety of dental treatments for over four decades. Dr. Doug McDermid, Dr. Rose K. Dhillon, and our team of dental professionals will evaluate your particular case and help you find a restorative dentistry treatment option to suit your situation.
By replacing your damaged or missing teeth with dental implants, you could potentially:
- Chew and digest your food more thoroughly, improving your overall health in the process
- Feel more confident about your smile when you are meeting people for the first time
- Eat your favorite crunchy or chewy foods again in comfort
- Stop feeling self-conscious about your grin when it’s time to say “cheese” for the camera
To fit your busy schedule, our office opens at 7:00 a.m. on:
We also stay open until:
- 6:00 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays
- 7:00 p.m. on Thursdays
- 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays
With these flexible options, your dental treatments may not need to interfere with your normal work hours!
Improve Your Smile And Bite With Dental Implants
Dental implants are restorative dentistry options that were made possible by an accidental discovery in 1952. A Swedish researcher named Per-Ingvar Brånemark was studying the effects of blood flow on bone healing in rabbits with his team. They placed small optical devices encased in titanium in the legs of the rabbits and found that the bone had grown around the devices when they tried to retrieve the instruments.
Upon further investigation, Dr. Brånemark found that bone naturally fuses with titanium and called this process “osseointegration.” He saw the implications for dentistry rather quickly. In the mid-1960s, Dr. Brånemark placed four dental implants in a man’s jaw and attached dentures that allowed the man to chew normally for the remaining four decades of his life.
Dental implants have come a long way since then, but the concept is still basically the same. Dental implants consist of the following three parts:
- The dental implant, which effectively replaces natural tooth roots with a titanium post
- A restoration, which replaces the part of your teeth that is normally visible above the gum
- An abutment, which connects the dental implant to the restoration
At Lakewood Dental Centre, we offer a variety of options to restore dental implants for our patients, including:
- Dental crowns, which replace individual teeth
- Dental bridges, which take the place of multiple adjacent missing teeth
- Dentures, which replace a full arch of teeth in the upper or lower jaw or both
- Full arch restorations held in place by just four dental implants using the All-on-4® technique
We will answer any questions you have with professional answers and help you review your options before you make your decision.
Before we recommend dental implants, we will assess your situation thoroughly. In order to get dental implants, your jaw will need to be:
If you do turn out to be a good candidate for dental implants, you will visit a specialist that we work with to have them placed. To ensure your dental implants are precisely placed, they will use 3-D imaging during the process. Following a short healing period, you will return to our office to have your dental implants restored.
In some cases, you may be able to get your dental implants placed and restored using the All-on-4 technique in a single day. We have also invested in a CEREC milling machine that allows us to create a dental crown right here in the office so you don’t have to wait for a special lab to create and ship it.
To make your appointment with us more pleasant, we provide various comfort options to help relieve dental anxiety, such as:
- Warm blankets
We can also administer nitrous oxide dental sedation.
To learn how dental implants can allow you to smile with confidence and chew your food in comfort, call Lakewood Dental Centre at (204) 977-8515 to schedule a private consultation for dental implants. You can also use our handy online form or visit us in person at our Winnipeg, MB office to schedule or ask questions.