Losing multiple teeth or even just one can be a very stressful thing to deal with, and sometimes, that situation can only get worse if you find out you have to give replacement teeth special care. If you want to get replacement teeth that look and feel convincing and can be cared for easily, call Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 for a dental implants consultation.
Instead of sending you to a specialist like an oral surgeon, we can place implants in your mouth and restore them under one roof at our Winnipeg, MB dentist office. This is just part of our commitment to providing as many dental treatments as we can in one place for the convenience of our patients.
Compared to other options for replacing teeth, implants from your dentist have many perks. For instance, the dental implant options we provide:
- Can last for many years or even the rest of your life if you care for them properly
- Help to prevent jaw bone deterioration, which aids in both jaw health and in maintaining your youthful appearance for longer
- Restore the majority of your natural chewing power, up to 90 percent in some cases
- Look real, feel natural, and function convincingly
- Do not require preparation of healthy teeth that are not being replaced
Our team has extensive experience and is always seeking to better the quality of care we provide for patients. Our dentists, Dr. Doug McDermid and Dr. Rose Dhillon, respectively have over 40 years and 25 years of experience in the dental field. You can trust your smile in our skilled hands as countless patients have before you!
We know paying for complex dental procedures can be a taxing ordeal, so we accept a variety of payment forms so you have options. We also offer some flexible hours that many other businesses don’t. We close a little early at 2:00 p.m. on Fridays, but otherwise, maintain a nine-to-five schedule and then some. Our Winnipeg, MB office is open:
- At 8:00 a.m. on Mondays
- Extra early at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
- Until 6:00 p.m. on Mondays through Thursdays
Learn Your Dental Implants Options And How To Care For Them
At Lakewood Dental Centre, we offer several options for restoring implants in your mouth. We will thoroughly assess your current situation, answer any questions you have, and listen intently to your concerns before reviewing the various treatments you can consider. We’ll make suggestions, but at the end of the day, you are in control of what services we provide.
Here are some of the options for restoring implants we can provide:
- Dental crowns, which can top implants to replace individual teeth in your mouth
- Dental bridges, which can span the gap left by multiple adjacent missing teeth
- Dentures, which can be used to restore all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both
- Full-arch tooth replacements, like our All-on-4 dental implants, which can attach a full-arch of teeth using as few as four implants as a foundation
Regardless of which of these treatments you require to get your full smile and strong bite back, we will explain how to care for them to ensure they last a long time. This may sound familiar to you because you should have been keeping up these oral hygiene habits already with your natural teeth. To care for your implants and restorations, all you need to do is:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste to clean your teeth, gums, tongue, and the roof of your mouth at least twice a day for two minutes at a time
- Thoroughly but gently floss between each of your teeth once a day
- Use a mouthwash or rinse that has been approved by the Canadian Dental Association if desired or recommended
- Maintain routine dental cleanings and exams every six months with your dentist
No matter which restorative treatment you visit us for, we will do our best to make your experience patient-centered. We offer various comfort options and amenities to help you feel at ease!
Regain your strong bite and beautiful smile without having to give your tooth replacements special care – call Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 for a dental implants consultation. You can also swing by our Winnipeg, MB dentist office in person when we’re open or use our online form to schedule or ask questions anytime.