If you’ve lost several or even all of your chompers, don’t think of your smile and strong bite as a lost cause. Patients in need of replacement teeth should call Lakewood Dental Centre at 204-977-8515 to schedule a consultation to learn about our options for dental implants!
Because every patient has unique needs, we offer several restorative dentistry options at our Winnipeg, MB dentist office. So you can make the choices that are best for you and your smile, we will review all of your care options with you and answer any questions you may have.
All of the restorative options we provide can be a great solution depending on your problem. Each treatment we offer has various perks that we will go over with you.
A lot of patients who have gotten dental implants from us love various aspects of dental implants because they can:
- Last many years or even the rest of your life if you care for them properly
- Give you back up to 90 percent of the chewing power of your natural teeth
- Blend in seamlessly with your smile because they look, feel, and function like your natural chompers
These factors could be some of the reasons you choose dental implants, but if you’d like to hear more about three benefits of dental implants that you might not expect or know about, keep reading! Consider the list above a bonus!
Learn More About How Great Dental Implants Are
One of the things that you might not know about dental implants is that they are very easy to take care of. Just like your natural teeth, all you need to do is:
- Brush at least twice a day or after every meal if possible with a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste
- Floss between all of your natural teeth and dental implants at least once a day
- Use a mouthwash or rinse if recommended or desired
- Visit your dentist every six months for a professional dental cleaning and exam
Unlike traditional dentures that need to be removed and placed in a special cleanser overnight, dental implants stay put in your mouth and can be cleaned just like your natural teeth. And because you don’t need to take them out to be cleaned you also won’t have to worry about dropping your replacement teeth and breaking them.
The second perk of dental implants that we’ll discuss today is that you will not need to change your diet in any way if you get them.
Because they are held in place by suction and special adhesive, traditional dentures can sometimes shift inside your mouth or even fall out, especially while eating.
Dentures held in place by dental implants, on the other hand, are securely held in place, even when you are eating tough, chewy, or sticky foods. You’ll be able to chomp into a bite of juicy steak or anything else you love to eat without worry about your chewing ability or your replacement teeth coming loose.
Because you’ll be able to eat a more balanced diet and chew your food more thoroughly, you may even improve your overall health if you choose dental implants.
Finally, the third benefit of dental implants that we’ll review today, is that they help you to preserve your jawbone.
Because dental implants literally fuse to your jawbone through a process known as “osseointegration,” they actually replace the roots of your natural teeth. One effect of this is that it prevents bone deterioration, which keeps your jaw healthier and stronger.
Since dental implants prevent jawbone deterioration, they also help you maintain a youthful look for younger. That’s right! Dental implants are good for your jaw health and can help you avoid a “sunken in” look as well!
Depending on your particular situation and goals, we have a few different options to restore dental implants for you to choose from, including:
- Dental crowns to replace individual teeth
- Dental bridges to fill a gap left by multiple adjacent missing teeth
- Dentures to give you back all the teeth in your upper or lower jaw or both
- All-on-4 dental implants that use just four dental implants to replace a full arch of teeth
Regardless of which dental implant restoration option you choose, we will do everything we can to make the experience as pleasant as possible for you.