Dental veneers are thin pieces of material applied to your teeth that are shaped and styled to conceal flaws in the appearance of your smile. They are like getting several cosmetic dentistry treatments in one procedure. They can:
- Make discoloured teeth appear whiter
- Make slightly crooked teeth appear straighter
- Conceal small chips, cracks, and gaps
- Make uneven tooth enamel appear smooth
- Lengthen the look of “too short” teeth
Dr. McDermid at Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB took special training in esthetics at the New York Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He or Dr. Dhillon would be happy to see you in our office to discuss all the benefits of dental veneers. Schedule a consultation by calling (204) 977-8515.
Dental Veneers Are Like ‘Instant Orthodontics’
In addition to their versatility, dental veneers offer other benefits too. They are:
- Convenient. Depending on the type of veneer you choose, you can typically get them in just one or two visits to our office.
- Conservative. Dental veneers require little alteration of your own teeth. Depending on the type of veneer you choose, we’ll remove a very small amount of enamel from your tooth to prepare it for a veneer.
- Easy to maintain. Dental veneers require no special treatment after you receive them. You brush and floss your teeth as usual and visit our office for your six-month dental checkups. Continue to exercise caution when biting, however. Do not chew on ice or other hard things that could damage your dental veneers or your natural teeth beneath your veneers.
You Have 2 Dental Veneer Choices
Lakewood Dental Centre can offer you two choices in dental veneers: porcelain dental veneers or e.max veneers. The primary difference is in the amount of modification necessary to prepare your teeth for the veneers:
- Traditional porcelain dental veneers are strong and are well-known for their resemblance to natural, healthy teeth. They generally take two visits and do require some prep work on the enamel of your teeth for a secure fit.
- e.max dental veneers are thinner than porcelain veneers, so they require little to no prep to the enamel of your teeth. You may be able to complete your e.max veneers procedure in a single visit.
No matter which option you choose, there will be a noticeable difference in your smile before and after veneers. Thanks to their training in esthetics, Dr. McDermid and Dr. Dhillon can help you select the veneers that will best suit your situation.