Dental Crowns & Bridges
Do missing or damaged teeth make it difficult for you to get through your day? Dental crowns and bridges can be used to replace or repair teeth. At Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB, you can find the information you need about these restorative dentistry procedures and others.
There is no need to be ashamed if your smile is in disrepair. Over the last few decades, our dentists, Dr. Dhillon and Dr. McDermid, have helped many patients get the restorative dentistry treatment they need.
A dental crown or bridge may be right for you. To find out, call us at (204) 977-8515.
You Can Get Your Dental Crown in a Single Day
We use a technology called CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) that enables us to produce a dental crown for you right in our office. It’s so convenient – and much faster – not waiting for an outside facility to create it, and no temporary crown is needed.
And with CEREC, the impressions we take of your teeth are digital, so you won’t need to get a mouthful of messy molding material.
Dental Crown Advantages Include Durability
A dental crown completely covers your natural tooth after our dentists securely cement it into place. At Lakewood Dental Centre, we can repair or replace a tooth with a dental crown made of zirconia or e.max. These are both incredibly strong options that mimic the look of natural teeth.
Advantages of a dental crown include:
- Restoring your damaged tooth’s appearance
- Returning your tooth to its natural shape
- Strengthening a weakened tooth and protecting it from damage
- Lasting a long time, with proper home care and regular checkups
- Can be used as a replacement tooth as part of a dental bridge, or to complete a dental implant
Dental Bridge Offers Advantages Too
At Lakewood Dental Centre, we can also fit you with a fixed bridge that is not removable. A dental bridge is one option to replace one or more missing teeth. Your natural teeth will hold your dental bridge in place and, in turn, your dental bridge will hold your replacement teeth in place.
Among the advantages of a dental bridge:
- Distributes chewing force to your natural teeth
- Because of their small size and light weight, many people find a bridge more comfortable than dentures
- You can receive a dental bridge in two visits, while dentures usually require at least four appointments
If your teeth are not healthy enough to support a dental bridge, we might recommend replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, depending on the health of your jawbone.