Dental Cleanings & Dental Exams
We agree with the Canadian Dental Association that the best way to see your dentist less often is through regular care of your smile. In addition to twice-a-day brushing and daily flossing, we recommend our patients visit Lakewood Dental Centre every six months for a teeth cleaning and a dental exam. Our Winnipeg, MB dental office has been providing routine cleanings and exams for more than 40 years.
Professional Teeth Cleanings Offer Benefits
Why are regular professional teeth cleanings so important? We’re certain our patients do their best to get in their twice-a-day teeth brushings and daily flossings, but it can be easy to miss a session and just as easy to miss spots when we do remember.
Our dental hygienists can help keep those misses from damaging your smile. They can:
- Get into the nooks and crannies of your mouth that are easy to miss at home.
- Remove the tartar, or hardened plaque, that brushing and flossing alone won’t eliminate. Left on your teeth, tartar can cause stains or worse, lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
- Leave you with that great fresh-mouth feeling.
We Can Detect Problems Early With Dental Exams
While soreness or sensitivity can be a sign that there’s something going on with your dental health, sometimes there are no noticeable symptoms. Through regular dental exams, Dr. McDermid or Dr. Dhillon can develop a better understanding of your oral health through a tailored individual assessment. They can discover and promptly treat problems like gum disease.
Our thorough exams include:
- Digital X-rays
- Oral cancer screening
- Visual check of your teeth
Fluoride Treatment & Varnish Can Benefit Many Ages
Fluoride treatment and varnish are commonly offered to children to strengthen their teeth against cavities, but adults can benefit too. According to the CDA, fluoride can:
- Make your teeth less sensitive to hot or cold foods and beverages
- Stop the development of a new cavity
Call Lakewood Dental Centre at (204) 977-8515 or use our online form to schedule your appointment today! Make regular teeth cleanings and dental exams a routine part of your dental care for the health and beauty of your smile.