Want straighter teeth, but hesitant to commit to years of wearing metal braces? General dentist Dr. McDermid at Lakewood Dental Centre in Winnipeg, MB can help you decide if short-term orthodontics can improve your smile in as little as six months. He can assess your bite, and if your alignment issues are minor or your needs are mostly cosmetic, he might recommend short-term orthodontics. Make an appointment with him today to find out more.
Short-Term Braces Offer Clear Benefits
We use clear braces in our short-term orthodontics treatment. Clear braces use a series of plastic trays called aligners instead of metals and wires to correct the position of your teeth.
Benefits of clear braces:
- Removable so you can continue to enjoy all of your usual activities
- Easier to maintain your regular brushing and flossing routine
- Less noticeable by your peers or colleagues
- Trays are custom fitted for your teeth and your needs
- Fast treatment times for many patients who are good candidates
Are Short-Term Orthodontics For Me?
Short-term orthodontics can give you the smile you want in as little as six months. You might be an ideal patient for short-term orthodontics if:
- You’ve worn braces before but just need a touch-up treatment
- You have a few small gaps between teeth you’d like to close
- Your teeth are only mildly crooked
- Your bite is mostly in alignment
Choose From 3 Different Short-Term Braces Options
We offer three types of clear braces:
- Smart Moves
- K-Line clear aligners
We can help you determine which of these braces will best fulfill your needs, based on the issues you want to correct and your budget, among other factors.
It’s also possible that your needs are too complex for short-term orthodontics, something that Dr. McDermid may determine during your first orthodontic visit. It may still be possible for you to benefit from clear braces; however, you may need to wear them for a longer window of time to get results. We can also fit you with traditional braces to help improve your bite or straighten your teeth.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. McDermid today to learn what is possible for your smile through orthodontics. Reach us by phone at (204) 977-8515 or online by filling out our easy appointment request form.