If you’re worried that getting your damaged or missing tooth repaired or replaced will translate into a more demanding regimen of caring for that tooth, you can put your concerns to rest. To book a consultation and take the first step to getting an easy-to-care-for dental crown or even multiple crowns from Lakewood Dental Centre, give us a call at (204) 977-8515 today.
Our Winnipeg, MB dentist office has been serving our local community and surrounding areas for more than four decades. Our dentist and team members have extensive experience and stay on top of the latest innovations through continuing education and invest in some of the most state-of-the-art dental technologies available as well.
We do our best to provide a wide array of restorative dentistry options so you can turn back the clock on your damaged smile. With our help, you may just be able to:
- Regain a sense of confidence and even pride when it comes to the appearance of your grin
- Avoid a tooth extraction by repairing a tooth while there is still time to do so
- Make a great first impression when you show off your beautiful set of pearly whites
- Chew your food more naturally and thoroughly since you won’t have to think about what area of your mouth you are using
- Improve your digestion and, in turn, your overall health since you’ll be chewing more thoroughly
To take some of the stress out of the equation of getting the dental care you need, we accept a variety of payment options and offer some extended hours that some dentists don’t. On top of opening early at 7:00 a.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, we also stay late until:
- 6:00 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays
- 7:00 p.m. on Thursdays
- 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays
Learn How To Make Your Dental Crown Last
One of the things that’s really great about repairing or replacing teeth with crowns is that these dental caps can be cared for and treated just like your natural teeth. With proper care, a crown can last for many years. All you need to do is:
- Brush your teeth twice a days using a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste
- Floss between all of your chompers at least once a day
- Maintain routine dental cleanings and exams every six months or less
- Use a Canadian Dental Association approved mouthwash or rinse if desired or recommended
On top of the proper oral hygiene habits outlined above, you should also avoid doing various things so your crown is not damaged. Again, your crown will not need special treatment – these are pieces of advice that apply equally to your natural teeth. To protect your whole smile, including crowns, do NOT:
- Chew ice
- Bite down on hard candies or other hard foods
- Bite or chew your fingernails
- Use your teeth to open bottles or packages
- Grind or clench your teeth
Because crowns from a dentist completely cap a tooth with a strong and beautiful tooth-colored shell, they are incredibly versatile restorative options. Here are just a few reasons why we might recommend getting a crown:
- Protecting a tooth that is already cracked or otherwise damaged from getting worse
- Strengthening a tooth that has become weakened from repeated dental treatments or some other cause
- Fortifying a tooth following a root canal procedure
- Restoring the proper shape of a tooth that is too damaged to be fixed with a tooth filling
- Covering up severe stains or discoloration
- Returning a tooth that is thoroughly worn-down to its former glory
If you need to get a tooth completely replaced, we can also attach a crown to a dental implant. We collaborate with a specialist who places dental implants using a special 3-D imaging process to ensure the procedure goes smoothly.
Regardless of why you get a crown from us, we will give you the option of getting one in a single appointment thanks to our CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) machine. This cutting-edge device can create your restoration quickly in-house so we won’t have to wait for a lab to create it.
We’ll also be able to design your crown using digital impressions, instead of having to use the messy and uncomfortable process of getting impressions using molding material.
Don’t wait to get your strong gorgeous set of teeth back – to visit Lakewood Dental Centre for a dental crown, call us at (204) 977-8515. You can also book using our online form or swing by our Winnipeg, MB dentist office in person to schedule or ask questions.